Thursday, January 8, 2009

Introductions


Let me welcome my pinch grip friends.

The 2 x 12 in my right hand with the 4 - 10lb weights is Woody.  Woody has two brothers.  They are conjoined twins called Deux.  They look exactly like Woody except they are conjoined (like a 4 x 12).  If you've been reading this blog then you know that the fella on the left is Slim (friend of Cindy & Blocky).  

I use slim when I wanna do exercises and work my pinch grip.  When I wanna just focus on my pinch grip I use Woody and Deux.  Today I held Deux with 30 lbs for 3 sets of 10 seconds (each hand) and then I put 40 on Woody for the same.  In between sets I worked my extensors (opening my hand) with a thick rubberband I got off a head of Broccoli.

Stay tuned for Iron Mind to get Crazy, I'm thinking about using my arm next week.  

Other updates:  Hahn's kickin it at Garage Strength.  Brooks is .... I have no idea.  And Laura is gonna carve Tim and I up some practice swords so we can beat the shit out of each other.

Bonus Tip: Make your own Woody and Deux.  Get some Rope and at least a 2 x 8.  Drill a big hole in it.  Pass arope through it and put to loop knots on the end (Figure eight or Overhand on a bight works great).  Put a carabiner through it.    Not get another piece of roop and put two loops on the ends.  Load the free rope with weight and clip it in.  BING! Done.  To make Deux, cut two 2 x 8s or bigger and screw them together.  Then follow the rest of the woody steps.

No comments: