Monday, November 12, 2007

brooks in the house

hello.

this is brooks. my latest iron mind has been raising a newborn. he's a genius, or a wizard. he's trained us to have him pee and poop in our sinks or other liquid catching basins. also, i've been reading up on plant propagation and edible forest gardening as my wife and i are preparing to propagate several of our fruit plants from root cuttings so we have seedlings to take with us to newport when we move. we'll be propagating clove currants, red currants, hardy kiwis, nanking cherries (bush cherry), and probably some rosemary and blueberries as well.

my last workout was friday. well, sort of. i spent all day sat and sunday dumping loads of wood chips onto our garden paths. but friday i rode a hilly 17 miles each way on my commute to and from work. lately i've been trying on the ride in to incorporate tabata intervals, but since i dont have a watch on me i just do 80 pedal strokes at like 80% and then 40 at a resting pace. it gets me to work faster and gets me a better workout.

i haven't balanced much lately.

1 comment:

Dane Miller said...

Millski, good idea on the ride. Keep running the plants.